Friends of Combe School (FoCS) is a group of parents who work together to organise events and fundraisers for the school. The aim of FoCS is three-fold: to organize events for the enjoyment of the children, the school community and the village as a whole; to foster a collegial and collaborative school community and between the school and the wider community; and to raise money for the school.
The entire school community is considered a member of FcCS who together to ensure the success of various events. The school relies on every parent becoming involved at some point throughout the year and is very grateful to those parents who consistently give their help. FoCS also includes a committee of parents who meet regularly, oversee the events, and liaise with the school community about these events. Becoming a member of the FoCS committee is a fantastic way to get to know other parents and our wider school community. The committee is currently run by Lizzie C, Anna H, Phil M, Shan G and Katy B.
Funds and Spending
FoCS is a lifeline for our school, and allows us to fund projects that we simply could not afford from the school budget. Over recent years we have:
- Purchased staging for the school hall
- Purchased a model cooking trolley
- Purchased a greenhouse for the school garden
- Remodelled the EYFS play area in order to create a safe, enriching, and enticing environment for our youngest children;
- Transformed the playground gazebo into a reading and relaxation den;
- Funded Forest School sessions for each year group
- Purchased a stunning greenhouse
- Refurbished the music room;
- Created the library;
- Funded school trips;
- Purchased new lunchtime furniture;
- Provided support for fun, educational trips and activities for the children.
We are currently raising funds for an outdoor classroom!