We are part of a vibrant village community. We aim to help individuals develop a lifelong love of learning in a fun, ambitious and creative environment. Guided by our values, we build healthy and respectful relationships and celebrate differences. We are all committed to making ethical choices and playing our part in building a sustainable future.
Within a Christian framework we have created a safe and caring community where everyone develops a sense of responsibility to themselves and those around them.
- provide all children with a broad and balanced curriculum which will enable all pupils to grow intellectually, creatively, physically, emotionally spiritually and socially;
- ensure that all pupils will experience high quality and purposeful teaching and learning – encouraging and enabling all pupils to fulfil their potential;
- appoint staff of the highest quality, investing in and developing them;
- treat children as individuals;
- support our children;
- expect all children to achieve well;
- work with staff who are passionate about finding ways of doing things better. This requires an unremitting focus on learning, development, and progress;
- promote high-quality leadership and shared leadership to promote, support, and sustain the drive to perfect teaching and maximise learning;
- provide all pupils with stability, consistency, skills, and opportunities so that everyone can go on to lead great and giving lives;
- set coherent and agreed policies for the school, including the implementation of the National Curriculum and the Oxfordshire Programme of study for Religious Education;
- manage its resources effectively in order to meet the school’s aims.
COMMUNITY † COMPASSION † WISDOM
Our values were selected by all skateholders- children, teachers, parents, governors and the wider community.
COMMUNITY is at the heart of everything Combe CE Primary School stands for – all are needed and important. The buildings are in the centre of the village and were founded to serve the local children in the 1860’s. The school has strong links with the church of St Laurence, the ‘reading room’ and local enterprises. The children are actively involved in playing a part in the wider community around the world, through our broad and balanced curriculum, using curiousity and creativity to challenge the world in which we live. The children organise and run events throughout the year to raise money for charities that they select themselves.
COMPASSION is a value that we strive to uphold. St Laurence exemplified compassion when he suffered with the needy. Our children are aware of their fortunes and the school endeavours to foster a culture of compassion with respect, honesty and humility.
WISDOM is a value that we model and employ. In addition to education and knowledge, wisdom at Combe reflects making the right choices, acting in wise ways, doing the right thing being based in reverence for God.