Through our personal, social and health education (PSHE), we aim to develop the following characteristics of a child growing up as a successful citizen in modern Britain.
- Be able to demonstrate that they recognise their own worth and that of others and identify positive ways to face new challenges.
- The ability to express their views confidently and listen to and show respect for the views of others.
- The ability to make choices about how to develop healthy lifestyles.
- The ability to identify some factors that affect emotional health and well-being.
- Ability to identify different types of relationships and show ways to maintain good relationships.
- Research, discuss and debate topical issues, problems and events.
- Understand why and how rules are made and enforced, why different rules are needed in different situations and take part in making and changing rules.
- Demonstrate respect and tolerance towards others, and resolve differences by looking at alternatives, making decisions and explaining choices
- Shown an appreciation of the diversity of religious, and ethnic identities in the United Kingdom and describe some of the different beliefs and values in society.
- Be able to articulate the meaning of the British Values and how these support harmony within their own and wider communities.
We have developed our PSHE curriculum based on the new Statutory framework for Relationship and Sex Education and the needs of the pupils in our school community. The planning is based around resources recommended by the PSHE Association.
You can view our Long Term Planning here.
Our medium term plans can be found below:
Our Relationship and Sex Education Policy can be found on the policies page.
Our PSHE Policy can be found here.