Our RE Policy can be found here.
At Combe CE Primary School, we want pupils to be religious scholars who have:
- An outstanding level of religious understanding and knowledge.
- A thorough engagement with a range of ultimate questions about the meaning and significance of existence.
- The ability to ask significant and highly reflective questions about religion and demonstrate an excellent understanding of issues related to the nature, truth and value of religion.
- A strong understanding of how the beliefs, values, practices and ways of life within any religion cohere together.
- Exceptional independence; the ability to think for themselves and take the initiative in, for example, asking questions, carrying out investigations, evaluating ideas and working constructively with others.
- Significant levels of originality, imagination or creativity, which are shown in their responses to their learning in RE.
- The ability to link the study of religion and belief to personal reflections on meaning and purpose.
- A wide knowledge and deep understanding across a wide range of religions and beliefs.
At Combe CE School, the Christianity aspect of RE is taught from the Oxford Diocesan Board of Education ‘Understanding Christianity’ resource. The RE relating to other faiths and beliefs is taken from the Oxfordshire Agreed Syllabus. Our long-term RE plan can be found here.