Our Computing Policy can be found here.
At Combe CE Primary School, we want all pupils to be ‘techies’ who have:
- Competence in coding for a variety of practical and inventive purposes, including the application of ideas within other subjects.
- The ability to connect with others safely and respectfully, understanding the need to act within the law and with moral and ethical integrity.
- An understanding of the connected nature of devices.
- The ability to communicate ideas well by using applications and devices throughout the curriculum.
- The ability to collect, organise and manipulate data effectively.
We use the ‘Teach Computing’ scheme to teach Computing. As we have mixed age classes, we teach the scheme over a two year cycle as outlined below.
|Autumn 1||Autumn 2||Spring 1||Spring 2||Summer 1||Summer 2|
|Year 1 and 2||A|
|Year 3 and 4||A|
|Year 5 and 6||A|
We have a range of resources to support teaching and learning in Computing, including:
- 32 ipads
- 16 ipad minis
- 32 Google Chromebooks